What's In The Kit:
- 4 – Bourns Pro Audio 500K Potentiometers - Short-Split-Shaft, Audio Taper
- 1 – Switchcraft 3-Way Right Angle Toggle Switch - Black Tip
- 2 – PIO K42Y-2 Vintage Russian Tone Caps - Your choice of tone cap values. .033 bridge .015 neck or .022 bridge .015 neck
- 1 – Switchcraft ¼ inch Output Jack
- 1 – 1 ft. black pushback cloth vintage wire / 1 ft. white pushback cloth vintage wire
- 50's wiring diagram
I personally prefer Bourns potentiometers over all other brands including CTS. I have found them to be smoother, responsive and longer lasting. The very best taper available. These pots are 18 spline shaft so USA type knobs will not fit without first pinching the top of the split shaft together a little and slowly push the knob on. Epiphone and off shore type will fit fine. We do offer a line of knobs that fit.
**If you are not sure whether your guitar uses short (3/8") or long (3/4") shaft pots please check before ordering. Normally Pre-1977 Gibson Les Paul's, All Epiphone's, All SG's use short shafts. This kit uses short shaft pots. If you have questions feel free to email me.
Note: If you have an imported guitar (e.g. Japan, China, etc.) you may need to modify the potentiometer holes to 3/8 inch to accommodate the Brouns bushings.
Tone Man Guitar started from my own passion for music, knowledge of electronics and 50+ years of love for the guitar. The great tone from the 50's and 60's guitars is what I try to achieve. I am a one man shop and do all the work my self. I guarantee the best parts and workmanship. I believe in good communication. If you have any questions or need help with your guitar project please send me an email. We Want You To Be 100% Satisfied!
Tone Man Guitar