Tone Man Guitar prewired kits will improve your guitars performance. Notes will open up. Sound will be stronger, tighter with improved clarity. Tone / volume controls are very responsive. Kits are carefully custom hand wired to order using the best quality parts with vintage cloth push back wire like they used back in the 50s and early 60s. You will not find a better product.
Our 59 Series Kit gives Vintage 59 Tone ... uses Paper In Oil K40Y vintage tone caps for improved overall performance. Excellent clarity, aged vintage warm and woody tones with improved sustainability. These caps are equal to or better than Bumble Bee or Vitamin Q's. All wired 50's style with premium new components that perform better than the stock electronics found in today's guitars. You will hear and feel the difference
This Kit Is For:
Gibson or Epiphone Les Paul Jr with 2 controls and single pickup
What's In The 59 LP JR Kit:
- Bourns PDA241 Series 500K potentiometers - Short-Split-Shaft, Audio Taper. One for Vol and one for tone control (Qty 2)
- Paper In Oil (PIO) K40Y-9 Tone Cap. The best vintage tone cap available. Your choice of cap value. .022uf or .033uf
- Switchcraft 1/4 output jack
- 50’s Gavitt style cloth push back 22awg wiring for grounding plus 22awg braided cloth push back wiring.
- Assembly Template Hard Board (All assembled except for final hook up of Pickup connection and ground)
- Kit comes with easy to read step by step installation instructions and a 50's wiring diagram
- Every kit goes thru our Performance and Accuracy Testing before being shipped out. Our kits work.
Tone Cap Options – Select from the Tone Cap Options Drop Down Box Above
- .022uf - Good tone
- .033uf - Little warmer bluesy tone (Recommended)
Volume to Tone: 2.5 inches
Tone to Jack: 5 inches off tone control
I personally prefer Bourns potentiometers over all other brands including CTS. I have found them to be smoother, responsive and longer lasting. The very best taper available. These pots are 18 spline shaft so USA type knobs will not fit without first pinching the top of the split shaft together a little and slowly push the knob on. Epiphone and off shore type will fit fine. We do offer a line of knobs that fit.
Need New Knobs
**If you are not sure whether your guitar uses short (3/8") or long (3/4") shaft pots please check before ordering. Normally Pre-1977 Gibson Les Paul's, all Epiphone's, all SG's, all LP Jr use short shafts. USA made LP Gibson's manufactured 1977 and after use Long Shafts. This kit has short shaft. If you have questions feel free to email me.
Note: If you have an imported guitar (e.g. Japan, China, etc.) you may need to modify the potentiometer holes to 3/8 inch to accommodate the Bourms bushings.
Although these harnesses are pre-assembled and tested they do require some soldering to connect the pickups. A 25 – 40 watt soldering iron is recommended. Make sure you are comfortable with making these connections or we suggest you take this to a qualified guitar tech to complete the installation. I can not be responsible if you damage a unit.
Each harness is custom built after purchase so my lead time to build your harness before shipping is 5 to 10 business days. In stock means I have the parts to build. You will receive a notice with USPS tracking number once shipped.
Tone Man Guitar started from my own passion for music, knowledge of electronics and the love of great vintage guitar tone. I am a one-man shop, do all the work myself and I guarantee the very best workmanship around. I want you to be Satisfied.
Tone Man Guitar