Tone Man Guitar prewired kits will improve your guitars performance. Notes will open up. Sound will be stronger, tighter with improved clarity. Tone / volume controls are very responsive. Kits are carefully custom hand wired to order using the best quality parts with vintage cloth push back wire like they used back in the 50s and early 60s. You will not find a better product.
Our 59 series SG Kit is my own personal favorite. Vintage 59 Tone ... Paper In Oil K40Y vintage tone caps for improved overall performance. Excellent clarity, aged vintage warm and woody tones in the neck and raw in your face bridge tones with improved sustainability. These caps are equal to or better than Bumble Bee or Vitamin Q's. All wired 50's style with premium new components that perform better than the stock electronics found in today's guitars. You will hear and feel the difference.
This Kit Is For:
Gibson or Epiphone with 4 controls, switch, jack in lower body.
Note: 2016 or later SG may have a smaller component cavity causing a tight fit for the kit. We have made some adjustments to the kit to make a better fit for those newer models.
What's In The 59 SG Kit:
- Bourns PDA241 Series 500K potentiometers - Short-Split- Shaft, Audio Taper, Coarse 18 Spline
- PIO K40Y-9 Russian PIO 400v Capacitor (Neck Tone Cap) Your choice of cap value
- PIO K40Y-9 Russian PIO 400v Capacitor (Bridge Tone Cap) Your choice of cap value
- Switchcraft 3-Way Right Angle Toggle Switch with black tip
- Switchcraft 1/4 Output Jack
- Gavitt 50’s style cloth push back 22awg wiring through out
- 50's wiring diagram with step by step easy to read instructions
- Assembly Template Hard Board All assembled except for final hook up of Pickup connections
- 50's wiring for the best vintage tone.
- Every kit goes thru our Performance and Accuracy Testing before being shipped out. Our kits work.
Tone Cap Options – Select from the Tone Cap Options Selection Above
- .022uf bridge | .015uf neck - .015 helps remove some of the muddy tone in the neck
- .033uf bridge | .015uf neck - .033uf gives a little warmer bridge pickup tone
I personally prefer Bourns potentiometers over all other brands including CTS. I have found them to be smoother, responsive and longer lasting. The very best taper available. These pots are 18 spline shaft so USA type knobs will not fit without first pinching the top of the split shaft together a little and slowly push the knob on. Epiphone and off shore type will fit fine. We do offer a line of knobs that fit.
**If you are not sure whether your guitar uses short (3/8") or long (3/4") shaft pots please check before ordering. Normally Pre-1977 Gibson Les Paul's, All Epiphone's, All SG's use short shafts. All Gibson Les Paul's manufactured after 1976 use Long Shaft pots. This kit comes with Short Shaft. Some newer SG models with circuit boards use long shaft pots. If you have questions feel free to email me.
Note: If you have an imported guitar (e.g. Japan, China, etc.) you may need to modify the potentiometer holes to 3/8 inch to accommodate the Bourns bushings.
Need New Knobs > Click Here
Although these harnesses are pre-assembled and tested they do require some soldering to connect the pickups and the output jack. A 25 – 30 watt soldering iron is recommended. Make sure you are comfortable with making these connections or we suggest you take this to a qualified guitar tech to complete the installation. I can not be responsible if you damage a unit.
Each harness is custom built after purchase so my lead time to build your harness before shipping is 5 to 10 business days. In stock means I have the parts to build. You will receive a notice with USPS tracking number once shipped.
Tone Man Guitar started from my own passion for music, knowledge of electronics and 50+ years of love for the guitar. The great tone from the 50's and 60's guitars is what I try to achieve. I am a one man shop and do all the work my self. I guarantee the best parts and workmanship. I believe in good communication. If you have any questions or need help with your guitar project please send me an email. We Want You To Be 100% Satisfied!
Tone Man Guitar
Listen to a Demo of our SG Prebuilt Kit