Epiphone Les Paul Special Prebuilt Wiring Harness Vintage PIO Tone Cap
Shipping FREE USA
Wired 50’s style for true vintage sound.
This is a prewired harness for Epiphone Les Paul Special with 2 controls and 2 humbucker pickups with 3 way switch. Vintage PIO Tone Cap and wired with Gavitt braided cloth push back vintage wiring. Carefully hand wired with only the best premium components that perform better than the stock electronics found in your guitar. You will hear the difference and love your New Tone! Your Choice Of Tone Cap Values.
- Bourns top quality PDA241 Series 500K Vintage-Style Potentiometers. Short-Split Shaft – Audio Taper – 15% Tolerance. Design specifically for use in guitars. Brass bushing with metal shaft. Long Life Carbon Element. Each pot comes with nut and dress washer.
- PIO Paper In Oil Vintage K40Y-9 Tone capacitor. These caps give Great "Tone" Quality! Your choice of cap value.
- Switchcraft 1/4 output jack for solid connection with Switchcraft 3 way switch
- Cloth Gavitt Push Back black 22awg wire plus Vintage Braided cloth push back Wiring with insulation.
- 50's wiring diagram and installation instructions
- Assemble Template. Note these templates do not get installed in your guitar. Only used to assure correct measurement when building, shipping protection and makes your part of the project work easier!
Tone Cap Options – Select from the Tone Cap Options Drop Down Box Above
- .022uf - Good overall tone
- .033uf - Little warmer bluesy tone.
Tone Man Assembled Kit Includes:
2 – Bourns PDA241 Series 500K potentiometers - Short-Split-Shaft, Audio Taper. One for Vol and one for tone control
1 – Paper In Oil (PIO) K40Y-9 Tone Cap. Your choice of cap value.
1 - Switchcraft 1/4 output jack with Switchcraft 3way switch
1 – 50’s Gavitt style cloth push back 22awg wiring plus 22awg braided cloth push back wiring.
1 - 50's wiring diagram and installation instructions
1 – Assembly Template Hard Board
(All assembled except for final hook up of Pickup connection and ground)
Note this kit is for a Epiphone Les Paul Special with 2 humbuckers, 1 volume, 1 tone and 3way switch
I personally prefer Bourns potentiometers over all other brands including CTS. I have found them to be smoother, responsive and longer lasting. The very best taper available. These pots are 18 spline shaft so USA type knobs will not fit without first pinching the top of the split shaft together a little and slowly push the knob on. Epiphone and off shore type will fit fine. We do offer a line of knobs that fit.
Harness comes with clear instructions and an easy to read wiring diagram
**If you are not sure whether your guitar uses short (3/8") or long (3/4") shaft pots please check before ordering. Normally Pre-1977 Gibson Les Paul's, Epiphone's, SG's, all LP Jr and PRS's use short shafts. USA made Gibson's manufactured 1977 and after use Long Shafts. This kit has short shaft. If you have questions feel free to email me.
Note: If you have an imported guitar (e.g. Japan, China, etc.) you may need to modify the potentiometer holes to 3/8 inch to accommodate the Bourms bushings.
Need New Knobs > Click Here
Although these harnesses are pre-assembled and tested they do require some soldering to connect the pickups. A 25 – 40 watt soldering iron is recommended. Make sure you are comfortable with making these connections or we suggest you take this to a qualified guitar tech to complete the installation. I can not be responsible if you damage a unit.
Each harness is custom built after purchase so my lead time to build your harness before shipping is 5 to 10 business days. In stock means I have the parts to build. You will receive a notice with USPS tracking number once shipped.
Tone Man Guitar started from my own passion for music, knowledge of electronics and 50+ years of love for the guitar. The great tone from the 50's and 60's guitars is what I try to achieve. I am a one man shop and do all the work my self. I guarantee the best parts and workmanship. I believe in good communication. If you have any questions or need help with your guitar project please send me an email. We Want You To Be 100% Satisfied!
Tone Man Guitar