Gibson Epiphone Les Paul Prewired 50s Wiring Harness Short Shaft Pots With Orange Drop Tone Caps
Shipping Free USA
Wired 50’s style for true vintage sound.
This is a Classic prewired harness for USA Gibson Les Paul’s manufactured prior to 1977, all Epiphone LP and most other off shore LP Style (using short shaft audio taper pots). Carefully hand wired with only the best premium components that perform better than the stock electronics found in your guitar. You will hear the difference and love your New Tone! Your Choice Of Tone Cap Value.
- Bourns high grade low friction PDA241 Series 500K Vintage-Style Potentiometers. Short-Split Shaft, Audio Taper, 15% Tolerance. Design specifically for use in guitars. Brass 3/8 bushing. Metal Shaft, Long Life Carbon Element. Each pot comes with nut and dress washer.
- Sprague Orange Drop 600v 715 Series capacitor. These caps give Great Tone Quality! Your Choice of tone cap value.
- Cloth Push Back Gavitt black vintage 22awg wire for grounding pots.
- Assemble Template. Note these templates do not get installed in your guitar. Only used to assure correct measurement when building, shipping protection and makes your part of the project work easier!
Tone Cap Options – Select from the Tone Cap Options Drop Down Box Above
- .022uf both bridge & neck caps – standard value – good overall tone
- .022uf bridge | .015uf neck - .015 helps remove some of the muddy tone in the neck (**Recommended)
Whats In The Kit:
- 4 - 500K Bourns Pots - Audio Taper, Brass bushings, Short Shaft, Low Friction, Coarse 18 Spline
- 1 - Orange Drop Capacitor for the Bridge pickup (you choose the value)
- 1 - Orange Drop Capacitor for the Neck pickup (you choose the value)
- 1 - Gavitt Cloth black push back vintage 22awg wire for pot ground connection
- 1 - Assembly Template board
- 1 - Installation instructions and 50's wiring diagram
Each harness is custom hand assembled after purchase so my lead time to build your kit before shipping is 5 to 10 business days depending on my back log of kits. In stock quantity means I have the parts to build that quantity of kits. You will receive a USPS Ship Tracking number once shipped.
I personally prefer Bourns potentiometers over all other brands including CTS. I have found them to be smoother, responsive and longer lasting. The very best taper available. These pots are 18 spline shaft so USA type knobs will not fit without first pinching the top of the split shaft together a little and slowly push the knob on. Epiphone and off shore type will fit fine. We do offer a line of knobs that fit.
If you have an imported / outside of USA manufactured guitar you may need to modify the potentiometer holes to 3/8 inch to accommodate the full-size Bourns pots.
Need New Knobs > Click Here
Tone Man Guitar started from my own passion for music, knowledge of electronics and the love of great vintage guitar tone. I am a one-man shop, do all the work myself and I guarantee the very best workmanship around. I want you to be Satisfied.
Tone Man Guitar