Gibson Epiphone Les Paul Premium Prewired 50's Wiring Harness - Short Shaft Pots PIO K40Y-9 Vintage Tone Caps
Shipping FREE USA
Wired 50’s style for true vintage sound.
This is a premium prewired harness for USA Gibson Les Paul’s manufactured prior to 1977, all Epiphone LP and most other off shore LP Style (using short shaft audio taper pots). Carefully hand wired with only the best premium components that perform better than the stock electronics found in your guitar. You will hear the difference and love your New Tone! Your Choice Of Tone Cap Value.
- Bourns high grade low friction PDA241 Series 500K Potentiometers. Short-Split Shaft 3/8" Bushings – Audio Taper. Design specifically for use in guitars. Brass bushing with metal shaft. Long Life Carbon Element. Each pot comes with nut and dress washer.
- Paper-In-Oil (PIO) K40Y-9 VintageTone Capacitors. Your choice of cap value. These caps give Great Tone!
- Gavitt Cloth Push Back vintage black 22awg wire for grounding pots.
- Assemble Template. Note these templates do not get installed in your guitar. Only used to assure correct measurement when building, shipping protection and makes your part of the project work easier.
Tone Cap Options – Select from the Tone Cap Options Drop Down Box Above
- .022uf both bridge & neck caps – standard value – good overall tone
- .022uf bridge | .015uf neck - .015 helps remove some of the muddy tone in the neck
- .033uf bridge | .015uf neck - .033uf gives a little warmer bridge pickup tone (*Recommended)
Assembled Kit Includes:
- 4 – Bourns Low Friction PDA241 Series 500K potentiometers - Short-Split Shaft, Audio Taper, Coarse 18 Spline
- 1 – PIO K40Y-9 Vintage Tone Capacitor (Bridge Tone Cap) Your choice of cap value
- 1 - PIO K40Y-9 Vintage Tone Capacitor (Neck Tone Cap) Your choice of cap value
- 1 – 50’s style Gavitt cloth push back 22awg wiring for Pot ground connection
- 1 – Assembly Template Hard Board
I personally prefer Bourns potentiometers over all other brands including CTS. I have found them to be smoother, responsive and longer lasting. The very best taper available. These pots are 18 spline shaft so USA type knobs will not fit without first pinching the top of the split shaft together a little and slowly push the knob on. Epiphone and off shore type will fit fine. We do offer a line of knobs that fit.
**If you are not sure whether your guitar uses short (3/8") or long (3/4") shaft pots please check before ordering. Normally Pre-1977 Gibson Les Paul's, Epiphone's, SG's, Hamer's and PRS's use short shafts. All Gibson Les Paul's manufactured after 1976 use Long Shaft pots. This kit comes with Short Shaft. Visit our other store products to see our Long Shaft Pot harness's. If you have questions feel free to email me.
Note: If you have an imported guitar (e.g. Japan, China, etc.) you may need to modify the potentiometer holes to 3/8 inch to accommodate the Bourns bushings.
Need New Knobs: Click Here
Although these harnesses are pre-assembled and tested they do require some soldering to connect the pickups and the output jack. A 25 – 30 watt soldering iron is recommended. Make sure you are comfortable with making these connections or we suggest you take this to a qualified guitar tech to complete the installation. I can not be responsible if you damage a unit.
Each harness is custom built after purchase so my lead time to build your harness before shipping is 5 to 10 business days. In stock means I have the parts to build. You will receive a notice with USPS tracking number once shipped
Tone Man Guitar started from my own passion for music, knowledge of electronics and 50+ years of love for the guitar. The great tone from the 50's and 60's guitars is what I try to achieve. I am a one man shop and do all the work my self. I guarantee the best parts and workmanship. I believe in good communication. If you have any questions or need help with your guitar project please send me an email. We Want You To Be 100% Satisfied!
Tone Man Guitar